- The waiting time, my brothers,
- Is the hardest time of all.
SARAH DOUDNEY, The Hardest Time of All
- Father, show me how to praise Thee
- When I seek Thy courts to-day;
- Guide me by Thy love, and raise me --
- Let me feel the words I say.
- Bless me on this hallowed morning,
- Bid my soul to Thee draw near;
- Teach me, and my heart shall listen --
- Speak, Lord, and Thy child shall hear.
SARAH DOUDNEY, Waiting for Church
- The Master hath called us, in life’s early morning,
- With spirits as fresh as the dew on the sod:
- We turn from the world, with its smiles and its scorning,
- To cast in our lot with the people of God.
SARAH DOUDNEY, The Master Hath Come
- Such simple words! But words are mighty things;
- They cast us down, or lift us up to rest;
- They charm and strengthen, till our angel sings
- The last of all the life-songs, and the best.
SARAH DOUDNEY, Some Words