- We grow like flowers, and bear desire,
- The odor of the human flowers.
RICHARD HENRY STODDARD, The Squire of Low Degree--The Princess Answers
- Silence is the speech of love,
- The music of the spheres above.
RICHARD HENRY STODDARD, Speech of Love
- Joy may be a miser,
- But Sorrow’s purse is free.
RICHARD HENRY STODDARD, Persian Sons
Around our pillows golden ladders rise, and up and down the skies, with winged sandals shod, the angels come, and go, the Messengers of God!
R. H. STODDARD, Hymn to the Beautiful